Junior Quantitative Analyst - Customer Analysis
Our Client has built its first Sportsbook product and are sent to revolutionise in-play real time betting and is looking to hire a Junior Quantitative Analyst within our Customer Analysis team in Vienna. You’ll deal with the complex questions about sports betting and online gaming. You’ll create and improve the performance of our customer profiling and mathematical models.
- Develop and enhance mathematical and probability models for customer profiling, lifecycle and sports models
- Create mathematical supervised learning models by collecting information from bookmakers, agents, knowledge carriers and databases
- Review business performance (identify betting patterns/model or trading ops issues) as well as performance of existing models and come up with recommendations and new approaches where required, sometimes in ambitious timelines (what went well, what could be improved)
- Work in cooperation with BI, Insight, the customer analysis team.
- Be the connector: explain mathematical models to non-mathematicians in the product, IT and marketing teams so that they can implement your models into real live products.
- Be the link to the trading as well as marketing customer segmentation
- Analyse complex data sets and processes in order to understand, identify and monitor key factors which can improve KPIs and drive the business forward, draw insights and conclusions, recommend solutions and present it to business
Key skills and experience required
- University degree (ideally PhD) in Mathematics and/or some field in applied mathematics such as statistics, control theory or theoretical physics.
- Knowledge of R, Python, SQL and some other statistical software (for example SAS, SPSS) is an advantage.
- Ideally, you’ve already worked with quantitative finance modelling or similar (experience with sports betting is a big plus)
- You’re fluent in both spoken and written English and feel comfortable with communicating your ideas and developed prototypes to various audiences
- Being keen on challenges that require you to head into the unknown in search of a novel solution, and you have the drive to deliver it in full detail.
- Able to learn new domain fields quickly and being able to apply your knowledge and skills to new challenges immediately.
- Ability to turn complex concepts and business questions into actionable recommendations
- Strong communication skills to communicate results of analysis and educate consumers of the findings including presentations in PowerPoint.
- Ability to deliver high quality work under pressure of tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel
Back to vacancies
Apply for this job