The Country Manager of Japan is responsible for the P&L of the Japanese territory and will define the strategic direction, budget management and delivery against the targets set. As the market specialist, they will drive optimisation of the market working closely with key stakeholders in the business.
- Define and communicate the local market strategy, offer and product for Japan, continuously monitoring competitive positioning & future regulation, in the market adapting strategy and tactics a required.
- Actively manage a full marketing and brand strategy, ensuring that you have an optimal media mix to drive mass market player acquisitions while providing a healthy ROI and establishing the brand. Extending market distribution via affiliate partnerships is a key requirement.
- Formulating and implementing operational & tactical plans with Central Service Departments, ensuring robust financial control systems, and that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by all who work across the Japanese team.
- Closely monitoring the operating and financial results against plans/budgets and optimising accordingly. Work with Business Intelligence team to ensure player behaviours and any unique market insights are understood and direct optimisation of strategy and tactical plans.
- Work across the full player user journey establishing effective continuous improvement initiatives to drive acquisition and conversion efficiency, player onboarding, retention and yield.
- Through the Japanese Site Manager drive, an optimised yet elegant player experience across all products and platforms
- Directly manage all above the line marketing activity and the commercial and contractual relationship with local marketing Media, PR & Creative agencies. Additionally, represent the company in the region to major customers, partners and professional associations
- Provide leadership and direction to cross functional team while working with other Country Managers and cross departments to capture and optimize synergies
- Manage Japanese annual budget planning, quarterly performance reviews and revenue and EBIT forecasting
- Establish additional market led operational processes, reporting and analytics, professionalising the business while maintaining the entrepreneurial start up and agile approach and spirit.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Primarily looking for a proven creative thinker with experience in the delivery of new product concepts, creating a market leading brand positioning & proposition.
- You will have strong experience in a Japanese marketing and/or territory management role with proven experience managing external creative advertising, PR and media agencies along with internal central service departments.
- Strong knowledge of the lottery or online gaming industry, specifically within the online Casino product category
- Budget and P&L management
- A clear focus on sales and business growth is necessary within a B2C online business
- Experience with producing and delivering advertising and promotional marketing campaigns alongside managing performance & response driven acquisition activities
- You will be a dedicated and strong leader, capable of performing within a matrix structure, with a result orientated attitude, good organisational awareness and ability to influence key stakeholders
- You should be driven, energetic and entrepreneurial with a positive attitude towards quick and continuous changes in a rapidly changing environment.
- Approachable team player with collaborative mind-set
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to take each task through to completion
- Analytical self starter with strong excel skills
- Proven commercial acumen and experience managing a multi million pound budgets
- Start-up experience and culture
Back to vacancies
Apply for this job