Sorry, this job has now closed. However, you can take a look at similar jobs on the right or use our search engine for others that are still open.
We are looking for an innovative, technically experienced, team player who can join the best company to work for on the beautiful island of Malta in the capacity of Head of Software Engineer.
The company offers cutting-edge Cloud based services and B2B Performance Marketing, and owns B2C gambling operators offering games from the best-of-breed suppliers across the online sports betting and casino industry.
You will be asked to join the brand that runs the client management platform, seeking to interconnect the entire iGaming industry.
The Software Engineering department is responsible for delivering all software products within IGC. The department works within established channels to coordinate and manage tasks between other parts of the organization and other technical departments.
As a key role reporting to the CTO, the Head of Software Engineering is responsible for managing and coordinating resources and processes to deliver software solutions, while participating in defining the strategy for the iGamingCloud software platform by driving initiatives that fulfil the company vision.
What you'll be doing
- To provide technical leadership, direction and mentoring for multi-disciplined software focused teams
- To perform line management duties, including: recruitment, reviews, 1-1 meetings, motivating and performance management.
- To liaise with Product to to understand functional and non-functional requirements and align with the business strategy.
- To liaise with Architecture to align with the technology strategy.
- To liaise with QA for product releases.
- To coach, performance manage and promote knowledge sharing.
- To plan for team growth examining the blend of skills required.
- To assist in resourcing decisions and review progress and performance of all individuals in team.
- To facilitate the smooth delivery of all projects, enhancements and support delivered by the team.
- To facilitate technology and methodology decision making throughout team, including standardisation, code reviews, reusable code base development, best practice, source control and deployment processes.
- To have a clear task list and plan for inducting new members into the team and bring them up-to-speed as quickly as possible.
- To make sure that all training and support that team members require is delivered internally or externally.
- Actively drives the development life-cycle and coordinate release and sprint planning.
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities under pressure, pinpointing and resolving problems in early project stages.
- In charge of department expenses and budget planning.
- To instigate cross team ideas and initiatives and drive products and services together.
To cultivate a professional culture within the teams, where individuals take ownership and are proud of delivering excellence.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement.
Who you are
- Experience of leading a team of developers.
- Strong people and management skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams and external entities.
- Ability to drive a culture of quality and personal accountability.
- Must have a commitment to quality and the ability to translate complex requirements into functional solutions using best practices.
- Experience in Agile methods including SCRUM and TDD.
- Experience in application architecture, making pragmatic buy vs. build and interface decisions.
- Experience at advising key stakeholders at senior and board level.
- Passionate about Software with a general thirst for knowledge
- and an interest in emerging technologies.
- Ability to multi-task and stay on top of a dynamic work environment.
- Technical knowledge of web technologies and services.
- Key Skills / Competencies:
- Understanding of relational databases, especially Microsoft SQL Server and ORM technologies.
- Deep understanding of GIT Flow.
- Experience with IIS, Redis, RabbitMQ, TeamCity is helpful.
- Experience with JIRA is helpful.
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration / deployment environments.
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency.
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization.
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories.
This is an opportunity to work with a multicultural, innovative company who provide a fantastic working culture and support for all members of staff. They believe in their talent! Do let me know if you would like to talk about this in more detail.
Back to vacancies
Apply for this job