COMMERCIAL DATA ANALYST
Our client is a rapidly expanding African gaming operator with huge presence and offices in Europe, a specialist within Sports betting, Lottery and Virtual games. As part of this, we are looking for a Commercial Data Analyst to support the team that already provides incisive and business-critical information for the Company.
Understand and forecast current and future trading and identify business opportunities and risks. You will be focusing specifically on our Retail gaming business.
- Perform statistical analyses for projects and reports
- Interpret data and develop recommendations from findings
- Generate routine and ad hoc reports
- Develop and maintain databases and data systems necessary for projects and department functions
- Acquire and abstract data from existing internal and external data sources
- Work with extended team (Retail and Finance departments) and key stakeholders (Operations Managers in Africa) to understand, design and implement feature requests to existing reporting and insights deliverables
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- To establish in conjunction with the Business Data Analyst Manager, Commercial Development Manager and respective Managers, a weekly, monthly and annual analysis report plan strategy with measurable objectives, strategies and actions.
- Report and interpret performance data to deliver key highlights to the various business units on a regular basis.
- Recognise and extract critical indicators from large and complex data sets; interpret and express these indicators in a business context.
THE CANDIDATE / EXPERTISE
- Strong data interpretation skills – ability to extract key details from a vast volume of data and highlight insights, gaps, opportunities and recommendations.
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel (Develop Pivot tables, graphs, reports, and presentations of project results and use vlookup functions and IF formulas in a complex manner to format data)
- Adept at queries and report writing.
- Knowledge of statistics
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Desirable but not essential skills
- International business / emerging market experience
- Knowledge of the Retail, Entertainment – gaming industry
Back to vacancies
Apply for this job