Are you a driven and ambitious Big Data Engineer? Would you like to work remotely for one of the best companies around? My client is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced team player who can help support and expand their cloud-based infrastructure that is used by thousands of sites around the world.
This is an interesting and challenging opportunity to work with an infrastructure that currently processes more than 10,000 API requests per second, delivers over a billion pieces of static content every week and hosts databases into terabyte-size ranges. So it would be ideal if you have experience dealing with high traffic cloud-based applications.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join a fast growing remote startup in a key position.
In this position, you will:
- Be part of the DevOps team building and maintaining our web application and server environment.
- Choose, deploy and manage tools and technologies to build and support a robust infrastructure.
- Be responsible for identifying bottlenecks and improving performance of all our systems.
- Ensure all necessary monitoring, alerting and backup solutions are in place.
- Do research and keep up to date on trends in big data processing and large scale analytics.
- Implement proof of concept solutions in the form of prototype applications.
- 4 or more years of experience working with Big Data, system administration, and DevOps.
- Strong working knowledge of Amazon AWS.
- Experience with Python, Nginx, PostgreSQL, Hadoop and Elasticsearch.
- Experience in any of the following is considered to be an asset: Redis, Memcached, Continuous integration and deployment, Mercurial, Vagrant.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by a third party
This company really look after their staff including an excellent salary package, bi-annual company trips and other benefits. If your skills match and you are interested please do get in touch.
Back to vacancies
Apply for this job