The role of BI Test Manager is responsible for the management of the BI testing team and the definition and implementation of the testing processes and best practices employed to deliver timely and high-quality BI products.
The role is a pivotal support role to the Head of BA Architecture ensuring that the testing team is motivated, challenged and focussed on efficient and high-quality testing and drive the strategy and vision to become the industry leading BI delivery team.
There is a sharp focus on process management, ensuring that testing is undertaken using best
practice Agile testing principles.
- Support and share and drive the vision of the BI Director and the Head of BI Architecture
to create an industry leading team delivering unique, accurate BI insight of the highest
quality for the business
- Defining and managing testing processes and activities for in house and contract testers
- Management of a £1+ million BI testing budget
- Accountability for the delivery BAU and Strategic testing work streams
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Degree in a computing or management discipline
- Agile qualified practitioner
- ISTQB accreditation or similar desirable
Specialist Skills and Experience Required
- Previous experience of managing large BI test teams comprising in house and third party
- Project and line management experience.
- Significant experience of managing testing processes connected with a massive change in
- Previous experience and a good understanding of the BI development lifecycle.
- An understanding of the industry standard best practice BI and testing principles in order
to successfully plan testing.
- An Agile champion and qualified practitioner with experience of getting teams to adopt
and embrace these Agile testing principles.
- Responsibility for the implementation and adoption of test planning and defect logging
- Experience of testing for Microsoft centric BI projects.
- Good working knowledge of the online gaming industry and the where the commercial
value of BI lies.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience of mentoring and motivating testing teams to outperform expectations.
Back to vacancies
Apply for this job