I have the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to develop their career within Business Intelligence! Our clients are one of the best technology companies within the gaming industry offering cutting-edge Cloud based services and are growing rapidly. They need a talented BI Operations Engineer to join the Data Warehouse team and offer 2nd line support and ensure the smooth running of all the BI products being offered by the Data Warehouse and Reporting teams.
This role will work with additional BI resources and Business partners to deliver requirements and evolve the BI platform to ensure it delivers the data and information needed to improve business results of our Operators.
The BI Operations Engineer is responsible for Data Warehouse, Data Integration, Data Quality Processing, Data Security, Metadata management and Data Delivery.
- Assists with the development of the data model(s) for the data warehouse.
- Provides recommendations for all data strategies;
- Analyses data in source systems to assess data quality and makes recommendations for addressing within the source systems or as part of the ETL process;
- Monitor and communicate to all the BI users DWH ETL execution and any delays which might be encountered (This will involve working out of office hours since the selected person will be on call during non-office hours);
- Assist in re-loading of data into the DWH;
- Offer support to our clients with regards to all the BI deliverables including SSRS Reports, OLAP Cube, QlikSense Dashboards & CRM Integration;
- Grant & Revoke user permissions to the BI tools.
- Assist in preparing training material and deliver training to end-users;
- Deal with any ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Experience and Skills:
- Experience in supporting Data Warehouses.
- Good understanding of Inmon or Kimball methodologies.
- Experience using the SQL Server (2016) Microsoft BI Suite (SSIS, SSRS & SSAS).
- Experience with QlikSense, Tableau or PowerBI
- Experience writing SQL queries.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment whilst interacting with a variety of different disciplines
- Proven ability to prioritise and deal with problems systematically and provide clear communications regarding the issues, resolution times and solutions
- Strong system/solution design skills
- Good communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Produce accurate work consistently
- Flexible to business demands
- Experience within the iGaming industry is preferred
- Fluent in English
Back to vacancies
Apply for this job