My client, a rapidly growing company, is looking for a driven and ambitious Backend Developer with a strong focus on scale, to support and expand their cloud-based infrastructure used by thousands of sites around the world. .Their infrastructure currently processes more than 10,000 API requests per second, delivers over a billion pieces of static content every week and hosts databases well into terabyte-size ranges, making this an interesting and challenging opportunity.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join a fast growing remote startup in a key position.
As a Back-end Developer, you will be working within the platform team to create and maintain the building blocks used by all other teams when developing the solution. This involves technical exploration, optimization, troubleshooting and internal service creation. The ideal Back-end Developer should be proficient in performance monitoring and troubleshooting, Python development and database development.
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €60,000 to €80,000 annually. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within our client. The actual compensation offered to a successful candidate will be based on relative experience and skills. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta. All other candidates will join our team as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
- Must have 3+ years professional experience in back end development using Python
- Must have exposure to having architected large, high-scale web applications
- Good understanding of Linux, data stores and data modelling
- Experience in API development
- Experience in server management and orchestration
- Ability to critically and quickly evaluate new technology
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third party
Note: Although this is a remote position, we are currently only seeking candidates in time zones between UTC-2 and UTC+4.
Back to vacancies
Apply for this job